Born in 1980 in Chiba Japan, and have now made Tokyo, Japan his base.
Combining the desire to get closer to an object that I am attracted to and thinking about it in a time other than the present... "I want to draw it, because it is beautiful" is same as "I want to be like that, because it looks cool" or "I want to sing, because it seems fun."
This is the first condition of "the desire to get closer to an object that I am attracted to. "The second condition, "thinking about it in a time frame other than the present," is the process and result of a creation derived from an attractive object and the capturing of it on a flat surface.
The process of composition, extraction of colours, and the reconstruction of them helps one to detach from the obvious standards of everyday life and start thinking in a time that is out of the ordinary.
The result is a creation that includes more "confusion" than "comprehensibility," keeping in mind that "confusion" helps one think in a time frame not of the present. In our busy, everyday lives, we often can't think this way, but it's like how you are transported when you think about a favorite place, movie, or music - I believe this artistic process is similar.
- Rise Art Prize, highly commended, United Kingdom (2017)
- J-WAVE TIME TABLE, Grand prize, Tokyo, Japan (2017)
- Sapporo Pre-Biennale Contemporary Art Exhibit, Sapporo, Japan (2011)
- The six time “Daikokuya contemporary art awar, Tochigi, Japan (2011)
- The third time “VISUAL ART AWARD BY INTERNATI, Hukushima, Japan (2009)
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- ARFLEX Osaka, Osaka, Japan (2020)
- ARFLEX Tamagawa, Tokyo, Japan (2020)
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- OBSERVER BIAS, 3-21-6-3F Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. (2018)
- ASYAAF 2014, Seoul, Korea (2014)
- The six time “Daikokuya contemporary art award”, Tochigi, Japan (2011)
- “The third time VISUAL ART AWARD BY INTERNATIONAL ART & DESIGN COLLEGE” Winning exhibition, [Bikkuai] 6F citizens gallery,Hukusima, Japan (2009)